* * * * * * *
The South Cooper Mountain Concept and Community Plans (Plans) are moving into the hearings and adoption phase.
The initial Planning Commission hearing date is set for November 5, 2014 in Council Chambers at The Beaverton Building located at 12725 SW Millikan Way, Beaverton, OR 97005.
The Planning Commission may continue the hearing for further review and discussion prior to making a recommendation to City Council for adoption. The date for adoption consideration by the City Council will be determined based upon Planning Commission hearing process.
- Planning Commission powers and duties are granted by charter, code, and City ordinances, state law, and official policies created by the City Council. The commission is the decision-making authority for applications which deal with uses of land. The commission also advises the City Council on development code text amendment, zone change, and comprehensive plan amendment applications.
- City Council consists of five councilors. The Mayor and City Councilors are all elected at large to serve four-year terms. City of Beaverton Councilors are elected to represent the entire City. The City is not divided into council districts. For more information on City Council structure and operations, see the City Charter.
Please note that the South Cooper Mountain Annexation Area is currently within the boundaries of the Neighbors Southwest Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC).
The city-initiated applications are categorized within the Type 4, Legislative, procedures and the application numbers are:
- CPA2014-0011, South Cooper Mountain Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment
- CPA2014-0012, South Cooper Mountain Comprehensive Plan Land Use Map Amendment
- CPA2014-0011, South Cooper Mountain Development Code Text Amendment