· The permanent flashing speed sign at the kink will be implemented 2016; Rigert intersection safety improvement plans are included in Oldham Meadows project plan (includes significant changes to improve sight distance at 175th/Rigert intersection – but timeframe is driven largely by the developer); You will note in the Status document, as updated by Stephen Roberts, ”A proposal to fund design of the future kink realignment through the County’s MSTIP 3e program (2018-2022 timeframe) has been dropped.”
· Kemmer Ridge build-out to 108 homes includes developer paying for significant changes to 175th and to the extension of Weir. Lots of changes evolving since the first decision – first 55 homes - could generate ~1000 trips onto 175th daily.
· 175th and Kemmer intersection would include straightening of the roads (intrusion on SW corner) for sight visibility; signal vs roundabout almost equal cost. Requires additional study, and LUT is looking for public input. 2018 project. Dilemma: once this intersection is improved, are we just moving the problem northward?
· South 175th Project: who holds the destiny of Alvord Ln? – Clarification: The South Cooper Mountain Concept Plan includes this area, which is currently designated as an Urban Reserve. The Concept Plan indicates a connection of Alvord Lane with existing streets within the current City limits. Development in this area, and the potential street connection, would occur only after annexation of the Alvord Lane area into the City. Alvord Lane is viewed as a private road. While it is not a County-maintained road, it is a public road – meaning it is open to usage by anyone, but must be maintained by the abutting property owners.
· Stephen Roberts reported that the “Around Cooper Mountain” concept is definitely gaining traction at many levels – and that is, in many ways, thanks to 175th Neighborhood Association.
· The South Hillsboro plan does call for the extension of Cornelius Pass Road from TV Highway to Rosedale Road (south end of South Hillsboro). That has not been changed.
Note: If anyone sees any errors in these statements, please contact me immediately so I may remedy the situation. Our goal is timely, accurate information sharing. Thank You.